THE BHANGARH FORT INtroduction
The Bhangarh fort is one of the best and most visited tourist attractions of Rajasthan. This fort is the place where you can connect yourself to history and heritage. It is known as the most haunting place in the country. Also, it feeds your exciting bees about its haunting stories and scariest experiences.
It was built in the 17th century by Madho Singh, the brother of Man Singh who is the well-known Mughal General in the rule of Akbar. Inside the premises, you can find the ruins of temples, palaces and Havelis.
LOCATION – Gola ka Baas, Rajgarh Tehsil, Alwar, Bhangarh Rajasthan 301410
The Bhangarh Fort is situated on the border of the Sariska Reserve (the distance between both is just 27.3 km). It lies between the city of Jaipur and Alwar of Rajasthan. The fort is situated at the foot of the Aravalli hills on sloping terrain.
|Distance from Delhi to Bhangarh Fort||235 km (146 miles)|
|Distance from Thana Ghazi||32 km|
|Distance from Jaipur International Airport||88.2 km|
Timings and Tickets
The visiting hours of Bhangarh Fort are from 6 am to 6 pm. It means post sunrise and before sunset.
As it is strictly prohibited to enter the fort when daylight is gone due to all previous bitter experiences of the place as it is well confirmed by the local residents that whosoever had tried to stay there during the night can never be seen again.
Following are the Ticket Prices at Fort
For Indians – ₹ 25
For Foreigners – ₹ 200
For Video Camera – ₹ 200
Inside the Fort
This place is a wonderful view of the countryside in the Aravalli Range. There is a tall entry gate followed by lush green gardens. Beyond the gardens, you will find beautiful little water bodies commonly known as ‘Bowli’.
- The fort has 5 different entries known as- Lahori Gate, Hanuman Gate, Ajmeri Gate, Phulbari Gate and the Delhi Gate.
- It has many Hindu Temples inside giving the place complete religious touch. Few of them are Hanuman Temple, Someshwar Temple, Keshav Temple, Gopinath Temple, Naveen Temple, Mangla Devi Temple, Ganesh Temple.
- Purohitji Ki Haveli is located in the precincts of the temple complex.
- Next comes the ruin which is called Nachan Ki Haveli (dancer’s place) and the Jahauri Bazaar (market place).
History of Bhangarh: Traditional Myths
There are two historical myths about the curse of Bhangarh. First one is about the Saint Guru Balu Nath who said if the shadow of any house will fall on his roof then each house of the town will become roofless and it will result in massive destruction. It is believed that once a king ignored his warning words and made his palace higher than Saint’s dwelling and after that, the fall of shadow on Guru Balu Nath’s roof shattered the whole place into ruins.
Another story is about the Princess Ratnavati and a wizard Singhia who fell in love with the beauty of princess but he was aware that he has no match with the princess so he tried to cheat her with his black magic tricks. One day at marketplace he replaced her oil by magic potion but the princess got to know about this and threw the magic potion on the large boulder. She cursed the wizard to death but he also cursed back the whole Bhangarh town to transform into ruins.
- Plan one full day for visiting only Bhangarh Fort to explore each edge of it completely.
- The place is not for the faint-hearted people. You can have scary experiences too so be aware.
- Entry to the fort is legally prohibited before sunrise and after sunset. Violation of this rule will lead to strict punishments.
- Be careful that if you are locked inside the gate after sunrise, there is no way of coming out as it extends to the area of the fort.
The Bhangarh Fort’s mystery is perhaps the greatest mystery unsolved amongst the historical places of the country. There are so many stories, myths and haunting experiences narrated by different people.
Why no one is allowed to stay after sunset in the fort? Where had the people gone who stayed? From where the voices of women screaming and crying comes? From where the sounds of bangle-breaking, the twinkling of the anklet and strange music comes? Are these things really true or just talks?
If all such questions excite you and roll your mind to know the reality then you should definitely head off to the trip of Bhangarh Fort. Be the daring dude of your crew and try to solve the mystery of Bhangarh.
Have a thrilling, exciting and safe trip.
-Thanks for reading 🙂