Chokhi Dhani Jaipur Information
Chokhi Dhani Jaipur, Chokhi Dhani is a luxury heritage resort located in Jaipur, Rajasthan that makes you feel the culture of Rajasthani village. it is located on the outskirts of the city on Tonk Road.
It shows you a realistic depiction of traditional Rajasthan with ancient artefacts, handicrafts, paintings, folktales and sculptures. Chokhi Dhani means ‘good village’ which was built in the middle of Jaipur city in 1989.
It is spread over ten acres. Here you get to see different folk dances of Rajasthan, Chokhi Dhani Village, Kalbeliya dance is the most famous. Apart from this, you can see puppet games, marbles games, prophetic parrots, magic shows, horse riding, boating. Whatever tourists come to visit Jaipur city, they definitely want to visit Chokhi Dhani. If you also want to go to Chokhi Dhani or want to know about it, then definitely read this article, in this, we are going to give you complete information about Chokhi Dhani.
Chokhi Dhani Interesting Facts
- Chokhi Dhani has existed since 1994 in Jaipur and serves guests from India and around the world through its 5-star hotel.
- The food, clothing, lifestyle, artefacts, crafts, paintings, sculptures, folklore, various dances, singing and many other traditional aspects make Chokhi Dhani extremely special.
- Though Chokhi Dhani is located far away from the city, it attracts tourists due to its Rajasthani village feel in its 5-star hotel.
- The architecture of Chokhi Dhani has been created by the most skilled of architects with traditional Rajasthani design and it has everything that together with luxury hotels makes one feel the peace of a village.
- Tourists visiting Chokhi Dhani can take boat rides, camel rides, horse riding, elephants and bullock carts.
- The battle of the famous Haldi valley all over Rajasthan is regularly shown by trained artists at Chokhi Dhani, which is one of the major attractions here.
- There is also an ancient chariot which is very popular and displays the ancient chariots used by the royal families of Rajasthan in Rajasthan.
- Other popular attractions of Jaipur’s Chokhi Dhani include the Vaishno Devi Temple, a man-made waterfall and the Tejaji Temple.
- The National Museum at Chokhi Dhani displays the culture and heritage of every state of the country, with the help of which tourists can go through the vibrant traditions of the country and learn about the culture of every state. The museum includes exhibits of the culture and heritage of states like Jammu and Kashmir, Kerala, West Bengal Gujarat, Maharashtra and Rajasthan.
Things To See/ Do In Chokhi Dhani Jaipur
- If you want to know more about Jaipur’s Chokhi Dhani, then let us know that here you can enjoy various music and dance performances regularly. The Kalbeliya nomads are the most popular dance of the tribe. Other performances here include thirteen tali dances and bamboo acrobatics, both of which are very interesting and daring folk dances of Rajasthan.
- The Tradition Fire Act to be held here is also very famous in which the performer feels as if he is eating the fire.
- You can enjoy a puppet show, a bird of the future, an astrologer, a magic show and a bioscope film showing the history of Rajasthan.
- Children in Chokhi Dhani or older can participate in games like a maze here. Participants in this game have to find a way through the maze.
- Apart from this one can take part in other adventure games like jungle safari, cave jharani (a path which includes artificial cave and waterfall), dart games, archery, and shooting.
- Chokhi Dhani also has a playground for children where children can enjoy many wonderful games and activities.
- You can shop Rajasthani handicrafts, art, paintings, crafts and sculptures at the famous Kalagram in Chokhi Dhani so that you will always remember this trip to Rajasthan.
Best Time To Visit Chokhi Dhani
Chokhi Dhani is located on the outskirts of Jaipur city. The best time to visit Jaipur and other parts of Rajasthan is the winter (November – March) season. The summer season here is very hot and is also not conducive for sightseeing here.
Dining At Chokhi Dhani
Food is served on a plate of leaves in Chokhi Dhani on which you can enjoy a Rajasthani meal. In Goraband you can taste the open-air Rajasthani food which is popular for its Rajasthani snacks and dishes. Designed as a game, the Chaupar dining hall is known for its unique design and delicious food. Here you can really enjoy royal food like kings and queens.
TIMINGS & ENTRY FEES Of Chokhi Dhani Village
Time – 5:00 pm – 11:00 pm
all days of the week
For adults – Rs 700-1100 per person
For children – Rs 400-700 per child
How To Reach Chokhi Dhani village
Chokhi Dhani is situated on the outskirts of the city, it is 12 km from the airport and 20 km from the railway station. To get to the resort you have to taxi. Regular cab services from the main city charge a round trip fee of around Rs 1,200.